Scott R. Smith
Licensed to practice in Washington and Idaho
Mr. Smith is a lifelong resident of Spokane and has enjoyed the privilege of representing numerous businesses and individuals, both in transactional matters and litigation, since his 1984 admission to the bar. Mr. Smith’s practice focuses on transactional matters including real estate and business purchases and sales; financing and banking industry concerns both locally and nationally; creditor representation in bankruptcy proceedings; health care matters including representation of hospitals, physicians, dentists, pharmacists and other health care providers, as well as many business concerns operating in the abundant northwest agricultural community. Mr. Smith regularly guides clients in estate planning matters, as well as resolution of disputed estate and trust issues.
In his personal time, Mr. Smith enjoys skiing, a good workout at the gym, and all the outdoor activities Priest Lake and the forests offer. Mr. Smith is enjoying his young grandchildren and all the joy that they bring to the family.
- Washington State Bar Association 1984
- Idaho State Bar Association 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court District of Idaho
- Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern District of Washington and District of Idaho
- Central Valley High School, Spokane Valley, Class of 1974
- Purdue University, Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy 1979
- Gonzaga University, JD cum laude, 1983
Over the years, Mr. Smith has served as a board member for the Spokane Guild School, chairman of the Inland Northwest Chapter of the American Red Cross, board member of the Inland Northwest Blood Bank, and Chairman of the Spokane County Board of Adjustment